First impressions & Review: Maybelline Dream pure BB

23 Jun 2013

So a couple of weeks ago I found myself, as I usually do, trawling the aisles of boots on the hunt for some bits and bobs for my upcoming holiday hoping to find a hidden gem, enter Maybelline dream pure BB cream.
Like everyone else over the past year or so we've all been lured in by the idea of BB creams aka blemish balms; A clever little product that claims to act as 5/8/10 in 1 products moisturising, evening skin tone, minimising pores and providing great coverage all in one handy little tube. Sounds perfect right? Er, well unfortunately not. Ever since BB creams burst on to the beauty scene a couple of years ago I for one have been somewhat dissapointed by the selection on offer, I am a high street girl so naturally I was excited to test out this highly coveted product but what I was faced with wasn't really anything to write home about. The first thing I found a major issue with was the colour ranges, all the BB creams I used were either way to pink or way way too orange for my very fair skin and always looked really odd on me. The next issue was with the skin benefits which I personally didn't experience any of. So after trying out a few different brands and being disappointed by their offerings, I had all but given up on the BB cream dream. 



That was until I picked up this little beauty a few weeks ago, like all BB creams this product claims to be a miracle 8 in 1 product; conceals imperfections, protects against blemishes, hydrates and smooths, compliments skin tone, among others. While I'm not convinced by all of that, I still think this is a lovely little product. Firstly the colour is perfect I picked up the shade 'light' which is the palest colour of the two in the collection and it suits my skin tone perfectly it isn't too pink or too orange and even when applied to the skin I find that this product doesn't oxidize into a different colour and stays looking natural. It glides on smoothly and evens my skin tone, In terms of coverage I would say it is light to medium and isn't as sheer as I would have first thought, it's definitely buildable too in places you need that extra coverage which I definitely do and this teamed with a bit of my 'collection lasting perfection concealer' suits me fine. I find that through the day this product wears well on the skin and doesn't  go patchy however, its definitely not perfect, I tested this on a relatively hot day and combining that with my oily skin I did find I needed to retouch throughout the day which is to be expected but  at the same time something to be aware of. I was also intrigued by the 2% salicylic acid contained inside which claims to fight blemishes, I have quite spot prone skin so anything that claims to help is a bonus for me, so far I haven't noticed much difference but it is only early days. 
All in all I am very pleased with this product. While I did purchase it solely to wear on holiday I've found myself reaching for this everyday, as a full coverage foundation lover its been nice to have something lighter on my skin, especially with the hot weather we've been having in the UK recently! I would definitely recommend this product if your looking for a new base or just something lighter for the summer! 

Jess x




No comments:

Post a Comment